- Chicago, IL: YOUmedia Chicago
- Chicago, IL: YOUmedia Chicago - Richard M. Daley Branch
- Chicago, IL: YOUmedia Chicago - Rudy Lozano Branch
- Chicago, IL: YOUmedia Chicago - Thurgood Marshall Branch
- Miami, FL: YOUmedia Miami
- New York, NY: YOUmedia programs at the DreamYard Art Center
- Washington, DC: ARTLAB+
- Learning Labs Projects
- Allentown, PA: Da Vinci Discovery Center
- Berkeley, CA: TechHive
- Billings, MT: Parmly Billings Library
- Columbia, MD: Howard County Library
- Columbus, OH: Metropolitan Library
- Dallas, TX: Dallas Museum of Art
- Houston, TX: Museum of Fine Arts
- Kansas City, MO: Public Library
- Las Vegas, NV: Las Vegas-Clark County Library District
- Lynn, MA: Public Library
- Madison, WI: KidShare
- Nashville, TN: Public Library
- New York, NY: NYSCI
- Philadelphia, PA: Free Library of Philadelphia
- Pittsburgh, PA: The Labs @ Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh
- Portland, OR: OMSI
- Poughkeepsie, NY: MediaLab
- Richmond, VA: Innovation Studio
- Rochester, NY: Cypher Productions @ Teen Central
- San Francisco, CA: Public Library
- St. Paul. MN: Public Library
- Thornton, CO: Rangeview Library District
- Tucson, AZ: Pima County Public Library
- Tuscaloosa, AL: Discovery Learning Lab
- Contact Us
DreamYard's Out of School Programs Received the National Arts & Humanities Youth Program Awards 2012YM Staff | | November 26, 2012 |"Chosen from a pool of more than 350 nominations and 50 finalists, DreamYard was one of 12 after-school and out-of-school programs across the country to receive the award, which is a once in a life-time award and the highest honor such programs can receive in the United States." Click here to...
NEW GRANTS HELP MUSEUMS AND LIBRARIES CONNECT YOUTH WITH FRIENDS, LEARNING, AND MENTORS TO LINK THEIR PASSIONS TO FUTURE SUCCESSLearning Labs Foster Creativity and Collaboration through Creation in STEM and BeyondWASHINGTON, D.C. – The Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS) and the John D...
The Baltimore Sun writes about the new digital learning lab of the Columbia, MD, Howard County Library system. From the article:A new space at the Savage branch of the Howard County Library is giving teens the opportunity to experiment with the latest digital technology.And the HiTech digital...
The DreamYard Out of School Programs were selected as a top 50 finalist for the 2012 National Arts and Humanities Youth Program Awards by the President's Committee on the Arts and the Humanities. From the Awards' website:The National Arts and Humanities Youth Program Award is the Nation's highest...
The Call for Proposals for the Digital Media and Learning 2013 conference is now open at http://dml2013.dmlhub.net/content/call-workshop-paper-and-panel-proposals.The theme of DML 2013 is "Democratic Futures: Mobilizing Voices, and Remixing Youth Participation," and the conference chair is Craig...
Gabbie Bowen writes for Huffington Post Teen about her experiences creating a documentary for Hive Fashion programming at DreamYard Art Center.From Gabbie's post:The whole documentary making process was amazing! I was interacting with kids my age and adults learning and composing something new...
ALA's American Libraries magazine has a great story about the Learning Labs project in its Sept/Oct 2012 issue. The article mentions each of the first round of grantees and highlights their thinking and progress so far.Click here to read Geek Out, by Greg Landgraf, in full.